* Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are not President and Vice President of the United States.
* Younger people are, according to a recent report by USPIRG, “finding cars less necessary.”
* Facebook usage is in decline, if not free-fall, among the young.
* World human population may be declining sooner than all previous projections. And not a moment too soon. http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2013/01/world_population_may_actually_start_declining_not_exploding.html
* Bike lanes are expanding in American cities and more people are commuting to work on bicycles. http://www.bicycling.com/beginners/commuting/state-bike-commuting
* The Cassini Solstice Mission is sending incredible images of Saturn and the Earth, putting some things into perspective for all of humanity. http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/photos/
* Rush Limbaugh’s media presence, and political influence, is in free fall.
* Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi is no longer under house arrest in Burma and is speaking her mind. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24649697
* Tom Clancy will not be destroying any more forests of trees to print his crappy books.
* The New York Yankees are on their way down to the cellar of the AL East.
* Rob Ford, as consistently entertaining as he may be, is not the mayor of Hartford.